Saturday, May 12, 2012

TRUE or FALSE

Reason 39

Truth is Truth even if no one believes it - and conversely, a Lie is a Lie even if everyone believes it.

The LDS church is either true or it is false. It cannot possibly be both. It cannot be true for one person and false for another.

Do I want to be right, or do I want the truth? Definitely the TRUTH!

     Chris Johnson - iamanexmormon.com
iamanexmormon.com/2011/05/this-is-how-i-discovered-truth-my-name-is-chris-and-im-an-ex-mormon

     carm.org
What is the truth?
Truth is not a feeling. Truth is not an idea. The truth is found in the Bible. The cults are wrong because they do not have the truth. That is, they have a false understanding of God the Father, of God the Son, of the Holy Spirit, and the work of Christ on the Cross. Because they are in error in these things, they are in error concerning the doctrine of salvation.


Sincerity and good works do not bridge the gap of sin between God and man. Only the blood of Jesus can cleanse a person (Hebrews 9:22; John 14:6). Sincerity and good works are merely the reliance upon what is in the individual to merit favor with God. Sincerity is a form of pride when it is appealed to as a justification for being accepted by God: "But God, look at my heart. See how sincere I was? I deserve to be in heaven."


No. If sincerity and good works were good enough to satisfy God, then He wouldn't have given us the Bible to correct our sincerely wrong ideas, and He wouldn't have sent His Son to do what our good works cannot.


Truth is what God says is true.

Truth is not what Joseph Smith says is true. Is the church true or is it false? Definitely false. And if you cannot see it, I will continue to pray for Christ to open up your heart, mind, eyes, and soul just as He did mine.

See reasons 1-38

At first I felt I needed to find out for myself that the church was false since I clearly received my answer to that question from Christ. Well, this journey has become so much more than that. I have not been reading material against the church. I have been reading facts about it along with its history. I began diving into the Bible, the one true book that has stood strong from the beginning of time, and this is what ultimately confirmed my decision to leave the church. I am now a spiritual sponge. I have never felt this way before and I absolutely love it! I wanted to educate myself and become closer to Christ. The Bible is all I need. I do not disagree with its teachings; however, I do disagree with many LDS teachings and felt I could not leave my name attached to something I completely disagree with even if it hurts others. My family will know that we will all be together in Heaven (not as a family but as brothers and sisters) as long as we all accept Christ as our Savior. That is ALL it takes, Faith and Love.

In the world today there are many false prophets, false teachings or interpretations, modern revelations, who's right and who's wrong, etc. This is a big reason why I left the LDS church. Confusion, fear, frustration, deceit, contention, etc. are all of Satan. There was more contention within the LDS church itself than I have ever experienced in any other church. I do not know of another church that rips families apart the way this church does. I know there are lots of things I am not right about, but this makes me human. I can only strive to be better and better every day to please Him. The LDS church did not give me what I needed to become closer to Christ. I will not deny there are many wonderful things going on in the LDS church. However, there is just too much confusion, fear, frustration, deceit, and contention for me to continue to be a part of it. My life was centered on the church instead of Christ. I was so busy trying to please church leaders when I should have been trying to please Christ. I was trying so hard to be somebody I am not. I'm just not a holier than thou Molly Mormon. Christ is about love, joy, peace, happiness, freedom, etc. And the bottom line is, I was not getting those things out of the LDS church! Since I have not attended the LDS church the past two years, I have felt more like my true self than I ever did while I was a member. This is the only confirmation I need that I am doing the right thing for me and my salvation.

I am sad LDS believe their teachings are closer to the Bible than any other Religion. The many churches I have attended in the past two years teach solely from the Bible and no other book, so I still do not understand how LDS feel they are following the Bible more closely than any other religion. LDS use so many other books and even some of those books contradict each other. It was just so confusing. I tried to understand this for seven years, and I suppose this will never make sense to me.

Words by Kirk Cameron, Way of the Master Ministry:
LDS teaching:
If LDS are right and Christians are wrong, then LDS will go to the highest heaven. However, Christians will only make it to the middle heaven.


The Biblical Christianity teaching:
If Christians are right and LDS are wrong, then Christians will go to heaven. However, the LDS will go to hell for following a false Jesus.

The point is not that I agree with Kirk Cameron, but I would rather not find out for myself, just as I would rather my friends and loved ones not find out for themselves.

carm.org/if-mormons-are-christians

In Mormonism, MAN BECAME GOD...
In Christianity, GOD BECAME MAN...

Only one of these can be correct. Which is it?

My unanswered question was:

If Joseph Smith is a true prophet, then I will end up in the Terrestrial (middle) heaven since I believe in Christ. However, if Joseph Smith is a false prophet, then I will end up in Hell for believing in and following a false Prophet. Why would I take that chance?

I was initially devastated when I received this answer that I do not want to take this chance, yet overjoyed to find the truth that I am much safer without the LDS church in my life! Everyone has the right to chose this for themselves just as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment